Graduate level ecotoxicologist needed for Brussels-based consultancy
December 20th, 2017
The Peter Fisk Associates group of companies is in urgent need of a qualified ecotoxicologist to join our growing team.
- A good bachelors degree, or ideally a masters level applicant will have experience of standard screening of the effects of chemicals on aquatic species, (desk-based training will be provided as necessary).
- Based at our Brussels company office, there could also be travel to the UK and Germany for meetings.
- An excellent knowledge of technical English is essential, with good knowledge of a second European language an advantage.
- A good understanding of chemistry, especially environmental fate, is highly desirable.
- The applicant should be self-reliant and confident because work at the offices of clients is probable, in addition to participation in meetings and telephone conferences.
- A wider interest in developing environmental issues and also the sources and fate of chemicals in the environment is necessary for development in the job.
- The successful applicant will be objective in every way, able to assess scientific evidence and present it clearly to colleagues and clients (who come from both industry and regulatory bodies) and would join a small but growing team of technical experts in central Brussels, with support from, and contact with, a wider group of experts and support staff in the UK.
- Availability to start during the second quarter of 2018 will be a distinct advantage.
The closing date for CVs and covering letter is March 20th 2018. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org